Sunday, March 20, 2016

Iran Air 747SP IKA-KUL

It was time to leave Persia. Destination: Kuala Lumpur. After dinner at the Iran Air maintenance facility we head back to the hotel, take a quick shower, grab our luggage and take a taxi to IKA. At least those who fly this evening to Malaysia. STD is at 2055LT. We arrive at the airport around 1900 hours so we have plenty of time to check-in and some shopping before the flight.

6 October 2015
IR814 (2055-0925+1) IKA-KUL
EP-IAC Boeing 747SP-86

During check-in I try to choose a good seat, but it's not easy to talk with the ground staff. He ain't to helpful so I end up in row 19. Before they open the security control which is located in front of the gate I wander around all the shops, buying some local treats. Finally, we may proceed. Later I do something I hate, queue up to enter as one of the first. Why? I wanted to put all of my baggage in the overhead bin. Later I noticed that Iranians travel light almost without any handbags (at least most of them). That was nice to see.
Alright, the seat ain't perfect but it should do. The flight departs with an hour of delay, in the dark. So I try to have a nap. An alarm is set to wake me up more or less when the sun should rise. No, I mistimed it by 3 hours... Finally some light outside. I decide to take a walk around the plane, pictures from better angles than the one offered to me from my window.
Time to land.
On the ground I take a couple of pictures of the traffic. For the end a tour of an empty cabin is left + the cockpit. All granted thanks to the very kind crew.


Main part of the IKA terminal - the food court













Anyone looking for a 747 to buy?


Economy class cabin after the flight


KLIA airside
A plant park at the airport airside




Check out the rest of the trip:
PS802 to Kiev
PS751 to Tehran
Tehran spotting
Mahan Air BAe-146
Mahan Air A300
Tehran Aviation Museum
Qeshm Air BAe-146
Iran Aseman 727
Iran Air maintenance facilities
Malindo Air 739
Norwegian 787
Kuala Lumpur spotting

No comments:

Post a Comment