Sunday, February 7, 2016

Flying the Ukraine International Embraer 190

After a 6 hour stopover in Kiev after my previous flight PS802, during which I mostly wandered around the city it was time to depart for the final destination of today: Tehran.

01 October 2015
PS751 (2000-0025) KBP-IKA
UR-EMA Embraer 190

Boarding for the flight started around 15 minutes to departure time and I have luckily made it to the airport. Due to traffic I could have missed my flight. Nevermind. We were taken to the airplane by bus via some dark sides of the airport. Luckily the stands had light so we could make it to the plane without torches :) but yeah, it was strange a bit strange to drive on road with absolute zero light. Waiting for the queue on the stairs to clear up (I was in no hurry, seated at the front anyway so no difference for me) I managed to take two, photos of nicely painted 738s after which I've been told not to take any more photos. Alright, I boarded UR-EMA, a 2011 Embraer 190, sat at my seat and awaited the departure. A red-eye flight for the crew who later on return to Kiev. After the "fasten seat belt" sign was turned off I've changed my seat in order to have two for myself (and for my ex co-passenger to have the same). More or less after 45 minutes the meal was served. Today we had a choice of chicken or chicken. Both came with a cake, some veggies and rice. This was the only meal on the flight. Decent, eatable. Always something compared to my first sector. All ended with an on-time landing and a view on a couple of great machines (old 747s, A300s, A310s and more). I tried to visit the cockpit after landing, but no! company policy doesn't allow (yeah, mhm, let's say so...)
The flight experience in brief: Similar to the first one, a 3+ (on a school grade scale). The food was there (+) and of eatable quality (the cake although was very good). The crew having nothing to do occupied the business class section (empty otherwise on today's flight) sleeping a chatting (bothered me a bit as I sat in the first row of economy class). Not exactly what one would call professional. A negative aspect of their E90 compared to the E-jets I've flown with LOT is the lack of a movable headrest.
Video review available at the bottom of the entry.

With KBP visible at the top


Rolling
KBP visible at the top



The meal
Cabin overview
First Y row with a bag on a limited pass that probably didn't fit in the belly.




Check out the rest of the trip:
PS802 to Kiev
Mahan Air BAe-146
Qeshm Air BAe-146
Iran Aseman B727
Mahan Air A300
Pouya Air An74
Iran Air 747
Tehran Aviation Museum
Iran Air maintenance facilities
Malindo Air 739
Norwegian 787
Kuala Lumpur spotting
Tehran spotting

No comments:

Post a Comment