Saturday, February 25, 2017

Ukraine International WAW-KBP-MSQ 2016.10.08

As I had to get to Minsk for some aviation fun (Mi26 flight). The schedule was tight for me, I had to arrive in Minsk before 1300 on Saturday. As I couldn't depart before 1600 on Friday (the last direct flight leaves at 1545) I was forced (by the prices) to fly on Saturday. Thus the choice was Ukraine International. First a morning flight to Kiev and after a quick stop on to Minsk.

08 October 2016
PS804 (0600-0830) WAW-KBP
UR-GBD Boeing 737-300

The day itself commenced early and was to be long. Departing at 6 meant that I had to be at the airport around 5 if I wanted to do all the things I planned to do. UR-GBD, a '97 Boeing 737-300 did arrive the preceding day. Boarding started on time and the plane was ready for departure a couple minutes ahead of schedule. The first rows provide significantly more legroom than those in the rear. You can easily compare it on the photos from my previous UIA B737 flight here.
As expected, no snacks have been provided on the flight. Time did pass quickly and after and hour we commenced our descent into Kiev. On the flight itself some stunning views did appear after sunrise.



Plenty of legroom
The overhead panel


The empty cabin after the flight
The empty cabin after the flight


After arriving at the terminal and passing through the security check I had some time to wander around and take some pictures. For the next flight, same as from the first one, we've been transferred by bus.
UR-PSB
UR-UTP
UR-GEA
UR-GEA
UR-GEA
4K-AZ04
UR-PSI
UR-WRJ
UR-CNE

08 October 2016
PS889 (1015-1120) KBP-MSQ
UR-EMD Embraer 190

This being a quick hop from Kiev to Minsk, a rather usual Embraer flight. Similar to the one I had on my previous trip with UIA (available here). This time I decided to taste one of the sandwiches that they do have on offer. Eatable but nothing that would knock me of my feet. During taxi we pass by one of the left Tu-154s opf Belavia, and later witness the arrival of their 737 in their new livery.

UR-WOG



Mi26 flying in Minsk
Return on LO706

No comments:

Post a Comment