Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Szymany with LOT 2016.10.01 LO3791/3792

Some time after my first visit in Olsztyn  LOT announced  direct flights from Warsaw to Szymany. The idea itself appeared to be grotesque. A very short flight, 3 times per week, in the middle of the day. Hell, let's go! As the flights operated on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only the last one was available for me. Bought the tickets for a flight there and back on the same day. It also was the last day the flight was in operation. The fun begun before the first flight. Check-in for the flight to SZY was easy and quick, as usual. But then I needed a boarding pass for the return flight (25 minutes between arriving and departing from Szymany and 30 minutes before the flight check-in closes). Not possible on-line, not possible at the check-in in Warsaw. Hoped it might be possible at the transfer center. No, it wasn't :D Yet still, with the help of the transfer desk agent I was rather sure I would return with easy. After searching here and there, asking a couple of supervisors, DCS and more a phone call had to me made directly to Szymany. They said that the boarding pass will be waiting for me at the check-in counter after my arrival. On both flights there was no more than 15 passengers and that was good number for that route.

01 October 2016
LO3791 (1315-1410)WAW-SZY
SP-EQK Bombardier Q400

Quickly passed the security check and headed for the Transfer Center. After doing what I had to do there I then waited at the gate for boarding in some pleasant company. The flight itself didn't even take 40 minutes from stand to stand (full video without any cuts available lower) which resulted in a ahead of time arrival.

Up we go.


Warsaw downtown
EPBC
The baggage claim at SZY


01 October 2016
LO3792 (1435-1535) SZY-WAW
SP-EQK Bombardier Q400

After exiting the baggage claim area having 29 minutes until departure I headed to the check-in. The agent was waiting for me, and checked-me in for the return flight. So I proceeded to the gate area and waited for boarding, as not much more was there to do. Again, the flight didn't even take 40 minutes block to block, after departure a nice left turn 360 degrees with a awesome view on the airport.

Check-in area
Ready for push-back
The terminal from the air
"Nice to see you" - says the sign
I believe it rained when I was in Szymany




No comments:

Post a Comment