Friday, June 23, 2017

Swiss CS100 experience, 21/22.01.2017

On the quest to fly the Swiss Boeing 777 on one of its intra-european flighs. WAW-ZRH-HAJ-ZRH-WAW. Two flights, in and out of Warsaw on the CS100


21 January 2017
LX1343 (0945-1150) WAW-ZRH
HB-JBD Bombardier CS100

Swiss flights to Warsaw like to be delayed. So was this one, not much, 15 minutes more or less. That made my connection in Zurich even shorter, but as the next flight also caught a delay it wasn't a very big problem after all. The ground staff did their best to reduce the delay as much as possible and they've managed a little bit. We soon pushback and start our taxi to runway 29. And later up, towards Zurich. The flight goes on smoothly. The wing looks nice, clouds spread wide all over the ground. The closer we get to Zurich the denser the airspace, the more planes you can see nearby. Some fly really close :) On approach to Zurich, we hold a little bit and fly around. Sure, I'm in no rush :D let's wait. Smooth landing, rather quick taxi to the gate, and off I go for my next flight.
How would I rate the CS100 of Swiss? Good windows, nice panels, the seat (22A on this flight) has no moveable headrest (but at least it's soft) but apart of it it is rather ok, maybe slightly hard on the back. Elegant colors of the cabin. The CSeries made a good first impression on me and it won't be a plane that I would rather not fly.

Arriving at its gate in WAW from ZRH
CS-TQP


The rear lavatory
One of the many crossings during this flight
The overhead panel is reddish due to the color of my sweater
Traffic holding below us


HB-IHY




22 January 2017
LX1352 (1715-1910) ZRH-WAW
HB-JBC Bombardier CS100

For this flight I wanted to get a slightly different perspective, one more from the front. So row 7 seemed perfect for what I looked for. Departure on time, the sun was slowly fading away. We managed to catch the last rays after passing through the clouds over Kloten. Some beautiful views out the window before we hide in the darkness. After this flight I had a feeling that the seat was rather a hard one, maybe it was after the stay in Hannover, or the night, but my back did hurt slightly after the flight. Not the best second impression. Still am happy of the flights on board the CS100.

HB-JVK
9H-AEJ
Ready to go!




Empty cabin after the flight



No comments:

Post a Comment