Wednesday, October 26, 2016

LO265 WAW-AMS 2016.05.14

May, the month when the weather isn't too hot yet, but ain't too cold either. A great month for traveling around western Europe. This year the plan was for a quick visit in Paris, as a tourist, and even quicker visits in Prague and Amsterdam, as a spotter.

14 May 2016
LO265 (0725-0935) WAW-AMS
Embraer 175 SP-LIF

Saturday, one should perhaps sleep in, but no. A morning flight is to catch. The day before my friends took the same flight and now I was to join them in Amsterdam. A good aviation weekend was on the horizon! No queues to drop my bag so with that done quickly I head to the security, 10 minutes and it's behind me. A walk to the nearby gate, having more than enough time I get in touch with the guys is Amsterdam and we polish the details of how we meet up. Seated in row 18 I have plenty of space. The rear of the plane is basically empty today. The weather isn't fantastic in Warsaw and neither it showed to be in Amsterdam. Nevertheless the flight is smooth and pleasant. After landing we taxi past some nice planes and end up at a remote stand. A short bus ride, a little longer wait for the bag and of I go to see the viewing terrace. When the time is right I meet up with Robert, Mike and Simon and we head for some spotting action, first at one of the approaches and later the Polderbaan for departures. Photos from that are available here.
This was yet another flight with LOT after which I have nothing bad to say about my experience en-route.

After pushback from our gate. Preparing for taxi to runway 15
And we are airborne


Somewhere over Germany

Nearly there



Waiting for the bags to arrive
For more shots from the day visit the spotting entry
For more shots from the day visit the spotting entry



Spotting Day 1
Spotting Day 2 (morning Polderbaan)
LO270 back home

No comments:

Post a Comment