Saturday, June 11, 2016

Avies BAe J32 TLL-KDL-TLL & TLL airport

After the bankruptcy of Estonian the government of Estonia formed a company that in cooperation
with Adria took over the network after Estonian. As Adria doesn't have the resources to do it with their own metal they wet-leased different machines (an BAe ATP from Nextjet, a couple Fokker 100s and Embraer 145s for different routes from different airlines). So I decided to go and try catch the ATP on a international sector. Combining it with some sightseeing in Tallinn and a short stay in Stockholm throughout the weekend sounded like a good plan. It later expanded with a couple of flights on a smaller BAe, the J32. The trip started on Friday and ended after around 48 hours with a flight back to WAW from ARN.

05 December 2015
U32085 (0930-1000) TLL-KDL
ES-PJR BAe Jetstream 32

Alarm goes off around 6:30 am, outside it's still dark. I take my things, leave the key at the reception and walk for a tram. After a couple of stops I get off and cross the road in order to wait for the bus that will take me to the airport. I arrive there after 8 o'clock. It's still dark outside. At the same counter I'm able to check-in for my flight to Kardla and the later one to Stockholm. Which is nice as I don't have to leave my checked baggage at the locker and return for it later on. Also I get all the information I need for my return flight (having only 15 minutes of scheduled turnaround time that is important). The ground staff is notified about my presence so all should go well. Before the flight itself I have plenty of time to walk around the terminal and I must say: it's fantastic! Almost every gate looks differently. At first glance I would never say that people board through here. Also because there is not many passengers at this time of the day at the airport. On my flight there's going to be a total of 5 pax. 19 seats, free seating. From engine start-up to turn-off the flight takes 27 minutes.
Seated in row 5

Gate 7
Gate 6

Gate 5
The sun is slowly rising at 0845LT

Gate 2
Gate 1
Tallinn overview after departure




The tiny terminal at KDL


05 December 2016
U32086 (1015-1045) KDL-TLL
ES-PJR BAe Jetstream 32

After landing I quickly deboard, go through "check-in" and the security control. The crew is almost ready to take us on board. This time more seats are taken, around 7 IIRC. This time I take a seat in the first row. As there is no doors to the cockpit you are able to see everything from A to Z. All the procedures, everything upfront. It started raining in Kardla, luckily the weather didn't get bad enough to stop us from departing. Another quick flight. The landing experienced from first hand perspective was fantastic. And the sun. Everything was almost perfect! All topped-up with a fantastic crew.





Preparing the approach for TLL
On the last turn

After flight checks


While waiting for my next flight
Gate 16, the one used usually by LOT


More from the trip:
LO785
Nextjet ATP
LO454

No comments:

Post a Comment