Tuesday, November 14, 2017

LOT Boeing 737-400 post retrofit experience (LO380 FRA-WAW) 2017.05.21

After an entire day of spotting (second in FRA) it was time to return back home. Having plenty of time to my flight I used the final energy reserves for a walk around to perhaps get some through window shots, but I've shown these in the link above. Here I wanted to focus on the plane. It was going to be the 737-400 and my first journey on it after the interior has been changed. (Here the pre-retrofit version)

21 May 2017
LO380 (1950-2135) FRA-WAW
SP-LLF Boeing 737-400

We've been taken to the aircraft by bus, the flight is half full so there is plenty of free space on board. I take my seat in row 13 by the window and wait for the departure. Plenty of legroom here (emergency exit right by my side) but other, "standard" rows aren't bad either. Power sockets are available throughout the entire plane and the new seats are much thinner than the previous ones. They are the same as on the 738. A good choice for a ~2h flight. Decent quality and comfort. A thing that I miss are moveable headrests but that will change with the arrival of the 737 MAX. You just can't like the good ol' classic 737s' and in the new interior they are a real good hard product to fly on. The lav is refreshed as well.

The gate area at FRA
Boarding
New seats. Power sockets are available throughout the entire plane
New seats
Seated in the emergency exit row
The blueish LED mood lighting makes a pleasant atmosphere



No comments:

Post a Comment