Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Domestic flying: LO3931 & LO3950

One morning I woke up and thought "How about a flight in the near future? Perhaps a new city somewhere in my country?" and that is how I got the idea to fly to Szczecin and Poznań. Domestic travel in Poland is getting quicker and quicker both by train and by bus. New highways are being built and railways are upgraded. I would even tend to say that on some routes, when traveling P2P the train is the best option when compared to taking a coach and flying (ex. Warsaw to Gdansk/Cracow/Poznań/Katowice/maybe Wrocław). Nevertheless I have managed to find a cheap, open-jaw combination for WAW-SZZ/POZ-WAW flying out in the morning (which gives an entire day in SZZ), taking an evening train to Poznań and returning the next day in the evening from POZ (which gives me an entire day in POZ). Killing two birds with one stone - visiting new places and flying on new routes. So to the flights themselves.

#1 05 August 2015
LO3931 (0715-0825) WAW-SZZ
SP-EQI Bombardier Q400

I arrive at the airport with a sufficient time margin (around 45minutes to departure). As I'm already checked-in I only need to pass the security control before boarding the bus that will take me to the plane. As usual, I do take some pictures before boarding, but this time not much. Today I'll fly on QI, one of the three planes painted in the newer eurolot scheme (grey bottom of fuselage, black end of engine nacelles and a bigger logo on the engine). The flight is nothing special, just a typical Q400 trip. Oh, from the special things I managed to make a full flight (absolutely no cuts) video from the route filmed from row 12.


F-GTAM
HA-LYT





Baggage claim in SZZ


#2 06 August 2015
LO3950 (2055-2145) POZ-WAW
SP-EQF Bombardier Q400

Today I'll fly with a friend of mine. We arrive at the airport more or less an hour before the departure time, just in time to have a look as the final rays of sun light up the almost empty tarmac. After a quick tour around the terminal we go through the security check and proceed to board a bus. This time I'm seated in row 2, but I don't remember whether the pictures during departure were taken from row 2 or 3, just can't remember right now. After liftoff we get a pretty nice view of both the airport ramp and the city. Later it only gets darker and darker giving an opportunity for picturesque photos of the sunset and the engine+wing. That would be more or less how the trip ended.
A monument in the main hall of POZ terminal
The viewing terrace

Departure gate area



Tarmac overview from the air
Partial city overview





No comments:

Post a Comment