Friday, August 1, 2014

FR5033 WMI-GDN 2014.07.22

Needing to get to the polish Tricity for the RBAR in Gdynia I had a couple of possibilities.
1. Taking the car with friends - the road is fast and comfortable you're on a highway all the way;
2. Taking the train - with many trains to choose from, regarding the price, comfort and duration everyone will find something for themselves;
3. Flying to Gdańsk Lech Wałęsa Airport - either with LOT Polish from WAW or Ryanair from WMI.

Luckily, a friend of mine was at the time at his summer house at the seaside, he agreed for me to stay with him for some time. Superb. So, what was left? Finding the best option for flights :)
After browsing the reservation system of both LO and FR I decided to buy a ticket with the Irish airline for 25pln (~€6) one-way from Modlin to Gdańsk. Flight departing at 1920LT and arriving at 2005LT.

The journey begun at 1715 at the Central Railway station in Warsaw where I departed on a train bound for Modlin where a shuttle bus was waiting to take the passengers from the train station to the airport. After almost an hour I've arrived at the terminal and with more than an hour to spare before the departure, I decided not to rush and have a look at the terminals' overview. Because this wasn't my first time at the airport, I knew there wasn't much to do on the air-side. That sure is a downside of that airport. Boarding was announced before the plane has arrived, and people queued up (even though everyone had assigned seats...). When everyone was let out from the terminal and was standing in a line in front of the airplane, and cabin crew was ready to take us on board, we where allowed to board the plane. Seat assigned: 18F, but because there was no one seating in the emergency exit rows, and CC needs someone to be seated aside the emergency exits so even before I occupied my seat, I've been assigned to move up to 17F. Yay! One good thing in the trip (well, two including the price). Departure from runway 08 on time, a quick turn left and a climb to 8km, after a while the captain started to descend. On our way we met a huge Cb cloud, which gave a fantastic background to the wing. Landing in Gdańsk before time, and 5 minutes after scheduled landing time I met up with my friend and was under his control from this time.



Overall it was a standard Ryanair flight, a typical boarding and deboarding. I got what I paid for, although I don't like flying from WMI, the price made me do it. The return to Warsaw was by train in a similar total price that I paid for the flight.

The terminal hasn't changed since the time these photos were taken
http://skrzydla.org/showphoto.php?photo_id=95792 http://skrzydla.org/showphoto.php?photo_id=101250 http://skrzydla.org/showphoto.php?photo_id=95708 http://skrzydla.org/showphoto.php?photo_id=95790 http://skrzydla.org/showphoto.php?photo_id=95709


After pushback
Taxiing onto rwy 08
In the air with the terminal visible on the right

A quick look to the south...
...and a strong turn left
Legroom in the emergency exit row
Approaching some clouds

A fantastic scenery
We have successfully passed the Cb

On approach for EPGD

No comments:

Post a Comment