Wednesday, March 15, 2017

LO646 OTP-WAW 2016.10.22

One of the goals for October was to fly the Tarom A310 before they retire it at the end of the month. In fact I wanted to fly it already back in August but due to work duties I had to cancel my flights (then it was WAW-VIE-OTP-VIE-WAW). So, after the final flight date was set I started to look for flight combinations that would fit me. Already in September the first of two A310s stopped flying, making the risk of a equipment change even greater. After all, I booked a one-way flight from Madrid to Bucharest. As I was time restricted there wasn't too many flight options. I ended up in flying the evening before with Ryanair on WMI-MAD, getting the night at the terminal, some spotting before the flight and a quick, little risky 70 minutes scheduled stop in Bucharest before flying back to Warsaw with LOT.

22 October 2016
LO646 (1800-1845) OTP-WAW
SP-LDF Embraer 170

An on time arrival from Madrid made it possible for a stress free transfer. If I remember correctly it took me 7 minutes to get from the plane to the duty-free shops area. Having plenty of time I browsed a little around the shops and later on proceeded to the gate. Boarding was swift and all ended with an on-time departure. The flight wasn't too full, around 40 I'd say. After take-off and cutting the clouds we could admire the sun set. Always worth it!







No comments:

Post a Comment