Saturday, October 25, 2014

Swiss A330 experience

LX196 (1320LT-0515LT)
I have previously flew into Zürich from Warsaw on a Helvetic Airways Fokker 100 but ZRH was just a stopover in my trip. After exiting the plane I headed for the train that would take me to gates E section from where my next flight would depart. I must say that this section is very elegant. The mix of gray, black and brown composes very well. Because my previous flight was delayed 10 minutes the moment I got to my gate and changed some money at a shop the pre-boarding documents check has already begun. I'm not a fan of queuing so I relaxed a couple of minutes and made order in bag as after the flight the mess was unbelievable. Ready to go I stepped up and had my documents checked. Quick, easy, without a single problem. I returned to my seat when boarding begun. Ehh a queue again... After a unsuccessful attempt of logging into the wifi I got my ass up and moved up to to, now short, queue. The plane, HB-JHA (named Schwyz, first flight 23/03/2009, serial number: 1000, powered by two RR Trent 772B-60 engines) made a good first impression on me. Although signs of usage could be seen here and there overall I though it's going to be a good flight. I got to my seat, prepared for the flight and push-back started. We taxied to runway 16, and departed after just a couple of minutes.
Gates E section of Zürich Airport
Taxiing onto the runway

  

In flight all was rather smooth. Clouds covered Poland (which I passed over) so I could see Warsaw from the sky but soon after we entered Russia clouds gave up and ground could be seen. By this time we were already given our lunch. I chose the vegetarian meal made with Hiltl - gniocchi with a cake for dessert. The over choice was a traditional chicken. The food was really good. Top economy quality.
Looking out the window
Refreshment before lunch
Lunch
Somewhere over Poland
Time flew by. I passed it mostly on watching movies. Nevertheless, after a while I had to get up and move around - simply for health and for cabin shots :)
The wing
Front section of the economy cabin.
Rear section of the economy cabin
In the lavatory
I started having trouble choosing what to watch or listen But we had still around 4-5 hours of flight ahead of us. The sun started to hide giving us, the passengers a fantastic color performance outside. Unluckily the cabin crew ordered everybody to close their window blinds. Now the only way to get the shot were short periods of opening the shade and letting some light to the otherwise dark cabin - for which I kindly apologize my fellow passengers. Darkness came slowly
Somewhere over Russia
Beautiful sunset "golden hour" colors
A color mix on the left
Darker and darker
Night has come
Around one hour before arrival breakfast was served.
Breakfast has been served
Beijing greeted us with a damp, misty, smoggy, humid weather. The windows caught vapor quickly. When we finally arrived at our gate, standing next to the "Smiling China" 777 (of which I didn't take a photo what I now regret) I payed a quick visit to the rather boring Airbus cockpit. Two shots and I'm out heading for the immigrations control, baggage carousel and then my hotel downtown.
HB-JHA cockpit


All in all, I had a rather pleasant flight although I have to say that next time, if I'll have a different option for a similar price I'll tend to chose the second one to compare. For the moment OS767>LXA330 (but that will come in a different post)

At the end I have the full flight video and the 'review' of the plane.



No comments:

Post a Comment