Saturday, April 5, 2014

2014.04.05 LOT Retro

Yesterday (04 April) LOT revealed its new paint scheme. SP-LIE was painted in a livery from the '50 of the previous century for LOTs 85th anniversary. The first things that came to mind when I saw photos of it where the KLM and Malev retro liveries. I liked it. Classy, very classy! The plane was shown in the early afternoon. First flight, 1900LT to MUC as LO375/376. The next day (that'd be today) it also started of with MUC as LO351/352 than OTP as LO641/642 and in the evening BRU as LO231. This was already know yesterday.
First, I headed for EPBC, to have one or two flights. Cool, but first the winch has to be in working order... Fixing it took us around one hour, great now we can get on with flying (in the meantime fuel had to be bought as well). Let me skip further. My first and only flight of the day departed at 1:20pm and took 4 minutes. It was a strange flight, mostly because of a chain of mistakes I made. I was not prepared for what happened during the flight, never mind, I got what I wanted, took off.
An hour later I had to get going as I planned to catch SP-LIE returning from Romania. It really is photogenic. Let me just show you the plane so you can decide yourself. Simply look at the crane in the front!







No comments:

Post a Comment